As a Curriculum Designer for the Professional Development department at Hillsborough Community College, Ivan is in charge of most of the training for the staff members. He has served in this capacity since 2010. He has been working at HCC since 2006.
Ivan is a dynamic and enthusiastic trainer of Microsoft Office tools, Colleague (ERP system), SharePoint, and Active Shooter situations, among other topics.
Ivan serves at the Tampa Hispanic Heritage Inc. Board of Directors, is the Founder & Chair of the HCC Hispanic & Latino Advisory Committee, and continues serving on the Black Brown and College Bound summit steering committee since 2014. He was the AFC HCC chapter Membership Chair 2018-19. He was the Co-Chair of ACD 2015 and the Chair of HCC Administrative Offices Advisory Council from 2012 to 2014.
Ivan enjoys updating his professional skills (Project Management, Professional Development, and survival strategies in violent situations) attending conferences, seminars, and online training. Ivan’s main professional development achievements are as follows:
• Certified College Professional Certificate from AFC - November 2017.
• Instructional Designer certificate from St. Pete College Workforce Department - October 2017
• Certified Instructor from ALICE (active shooter situation training) August 2016 – February 2021.
• Advanced E-Learning Instructional Designer certificate from ATD - February 2016.
• Project Manager certificate from USF - August 2008.
• Marketing Master’s degree from the EAFIT University in Colombia - 1999.
• Industrial Engineering Bachelor’s degree from the Javeriana University in Colombia - 1994.
Ivan is happily married, and with his wife Veronica, is the father of two girls. One 14 years old, who is a brilliant student starting the Engineering program at Middleton High School in Fall 2020 and received in 2017 the Igniting the Future Scholar from BFSA at USF. In addition, a six years old girl, that enjoys running, dancing, and singing around the house with her mother. Ivan spends his free time with his family traveling and as a real estate investor.